Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Testing Sequin Color Steadfastness


Yesterday I got an sms from a customer asking whether the color of certain sequins will fade during wash. Apparently, she had experienced sequin color fading after all the hard work she had put into embroidering a dress. It turned out it was a metallic sequin (fan shaped).

NOT ALL metallic sequins will fade when washed. It depends on the quality of the sequins.

Last night I did an experiment. I took few pieces of metallic purple sequins in my stock (SRC412) and soaked them in a bowl of water. And this morning, when I checked it, the color stayed on the sequin ..yeay...
Next experiment: soak the sequins in soapy water...

So, to the beaders out there, if you're not confident with your sequins, just test them first like I did.

For the list of all the metallic sequins, please go to http://zaimanik.fotopages.com

No comments:

Post a Comment